Before using these earphones, review the basic safety information provided here. For further assistance, contact us at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE USE
- If you have a medical or heart condition.
- If you are taking any drugs that may induce photosensitivity.
- If you are elderly or pregnant.
- If you have epilepsy or are sensitive to flashing lights.
- If you have any preexisting conditions that might be affected by your use of Revols earphones.
- These products are not toys. Contains small parts which may be a choking hazard. Not suitable for children under the age of ten. Keep Revols earphones and accessories out of the reach of children or pets to avoid risk of death or serious injury.
- Always inspect your earphones before use; do not use Revols earphones and/or accessories if they are damaged. Damage includes, but is not limited to, faulty or damaged cables, holes in the molding tips, general malfunctioning, and water damage.
- Your Revols earphones and charging accessories have built-in batteries which are not user replaceable. Tampering with your products or attempting to open them will void warranty and may result in a safety hazard.
- Do not dispose of your Revols earphones or accessories in a fire as the batteries could explode. Consult the disposal and recycling directions in this document.
WEARING & HANDLING PRECAUTIONS
- Do not use these earphones when operating a motor vehicle, a bicycle, machinery or where your inability to hear outside sounds may present a danger to you or others.
- Do not use earphones or accessories while sleeping.
- Do not sharply bend or pinch the earphone or charging cables. This can strain the cables and cause the cable to fail prematurely.
- Set a low volume setting before using the headphones. Long term exposure to loud music or sound may cause hearing damage. It is best to avoid high volume levels when using these headphones, especially for extended periods.
- Do not drop, sit on or allow the earphones to be immersed in water. Always store the earphones and accessories in an area free of excessive moisture.
- Clean and dry your molding tips regularly, using a clean, damp cloth. DO NOT wash them directly under running water. Do not place your Revols earphones or accessories in a dishwasher, washing machine or dryer.
- Do not use sharp objects or tools to clean the earphones and/or molding tips.
- Do not expose your Revols earphones or accessories to direct sunlight, fire, or the like.
- In the event that the earphones overheat, remove them from your ears and contact support immediately.
- Do not modify, disassemble, open, drop, crush, puncture, shred the earphone or expose your Revols earphones and/or accessories to extreme temperatures (-4°F (-20°C) to 140°F (60°C)). Doing so could result in personal injury and/or product failure.
- Do not attempt to replace the built-in batteries of the Revols earphones or its charging accessories.
- Do not short-circuit the built-in battery or its cells. CAUTION: There is danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. For any battery replacement needs, please contact Revols support.
- In the event of a battery cell leaking, do not allow the liquid to come in contact with the skin or eyes.
- If a gel-filled molding tip is punctured, do not put them in your ears. Additionally, prior to inserting the earphones, always recheck the tips to make sure they are firmly a attached to the headset.
- If you have any internal ear piercings (i.e. conch, tragus, etc.), make sure that the earrings are securely fastened in your ears prior to inserting tips in your ears. Sharp open edges can be hazardous as they can puncture the gel-filled molding tips. If any of your piercing holes are infected, please refrain from using your earphones until it has healed. If the tip punctures while in your ears causing gel to leak out, consult your doctor immediately. Discontinue use if any discomfort, irritation, rash, discharge, or any other reaction occurs. In the event of a medical emergency, stop using Revols earphones immediately and consult with a medical professional.
- Charge your Revols earphones and accessories using a computer, powered hub or power supply that is certified by a recognized testing laboratory.
CAUTION: Failure to comply with any of these safety precautions may result in personal injury, earphone malfunction, and/or permanent damage to the earphones’ or accessories’ batteries.
- Do not use headphones when it is unsafe to do so or during any activity or in an environment where your full attention to your surroundings is required to ensure your safety and the safety of others. You are solely responsible for adjusting the Soundscape settings and earphone volume to best accommodate your surroundings and ensure your safety as well as the safety of others around you. The acoustic seal created by your Revols earphones may block out normal external noise and environmental sounds, even when your device is set at low listening levels. As such, the use of Revols while, for example, operating a vehicle or machinery, or while bicycling or jogging may be dangerous and is illegal in some areas. Stop listening to your device while performing any activities that require your undivided attention.
- By using the Revols Adjustable Soundscape feature you accept the terms and agree to full responsibility of any consequence arising from misuse of this feature. Misuse of this feature can be extremely dangerous and may result in serious injury and/or in some cases, even death. Revols does NOT make the representation that the optional Soundscape feature guarantees safety of the user, his/her surroundings or others. It is ALWAYS the user’s responsibility to ensure that the use of Revols earphones and accessories, inclusive of accompanying digital features such as Soundscape, does not hinder his/her safety and the safety of others. In no event shall our company be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special consequential damages, to property or life, whatsoever arising out of or connected with the use or misuse of our products.
- To avoid hearing damage, make sure that the volume on your music player is turned down before connecting your earphones. After placing earphones in/on your ears, gradually turn up volume until you reach a comfortable listening level. Permanent hearing loss may occur if earphones or headphones are used at excessive volumes. Exposure to noise from earphones or headphones in excess of 85 decibels for more than 8 hours a day will likely cause irreparable hearing damage. Your ears may adapt to a higher volume of sound over time, which may sound normal but can permanently damage your hearing. You accept all responsibility for hearing damage resulting from the unsafe use (above 85 decibels) of earphones or headphones. Monitor your use; hearing loss is a function of loudness versus time. The louder it is, the less time you can be exposed to it, the softer it is, the more time you can listen to it.
- In addition, some research has suggested a possible link between the use of wireless electronic devices, specifically close to the head, and brain damage or other serious and potentially life-threatening medical conditions. You accept all responsibility for any and all such damage and medical conditions that may result from the use of earphones or headphones. Revols shall have no liability for any such damage and/or medical conditions.
DISPOSAL AND RECYCLING INFORMATION
Please recycle! Kindly be aware that it is your responsibility to dispose electronic equipment at recycling centers so as to help conserve natural resources.
- Do not dispose of your Revols earphones or accessories with household waste.
- Substances in the earphones and accessories may harm the environment or cause injury if handled and disposed of improperly.
- Batteries are not to be disposed of in municipal waste stream and require separate collection.
- Disposal of the packaging and your Revols earphones should be done in accordance with local regulations.
Correct Disposal of this product. This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product for environmental safe recycling.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This device complies with Industry Canada license-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY
Subject to the terms, conditions, and disclaimers contained herein, Revol Technologies Inc., a Canadian limited liability company (“Revols” or “We”) warrants that Revols branded products (1) will be free of defects in materials and workmanship for 1 year from the date of purchase as shown on the receipt, or from the date of receipt of the product where the date of purchase predates the date of receipt,; and (2) will not fail because of perspiration for the expected life of the product, as such expected life is determined by Revols in its sole discretion (the “Limited Warranty”). As used above, the phrase “fail because of perspiration” means that the electronics in the product cease to function as a direct result of the effects of perspiration and excludes other causes of failure, including without limitation broken wires, cracked casings, and dead batteries, even if they may have some indirect relation to perspiration. This Limited Warranty does not cover consumables, such as batteries, unless they fail due to a defect in materials or workmanship. Any reference to Revols branded audio products being “sweat and water resistant,” or words of similar import, means that they are designed to withstand moisture under normal non-water sports and everyday use such as perspiration and accidental splashes of water. Although the openings for the microphone and speakers on our audio products have been carefully engineered to be moisture-resistant, the products are not designed to be submersed in water or liquid of any kind, nor are they designed for water sports or other water-based activities. Any modification of an audio product to adapt it for water-sports or any other water environment will void the Limited Warranty.
This Limited Warranty extends only to the original end-user of the product and is not assignable or transferable to any other person. This Limited Warranty does not cover (1) any damage or loss that occurs after we place the product with the carrier for shipment to you or to any retailer, (2) any damage caused by normal wear and tear, abnormal use or conditions, neglect, abuse, misuse, accident, improper storage or handling, unauthorized modifications or repairs, improper use of any electrical source, undue physical or electrical stress, user error, or failure to follow product instructions (“Excluded Conditions”), (3) any counterfeit product, (4) any damage from external causes such as storm, flood, fire, dirt, sand, earthquakes, Acts of God, exposure to sunlight, weather, heat, or corrosive environments, electrical surges, or third-party products, or (5) product fit or appearance other than failure to provide a product that is materially equivalent to the product description on the product packaging or on the Revols Website.
WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT PRODUCTS WILL OPERATE UNINTERRUPTED OR BE ERROR FREE OR THAT ALL PRODUCT ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED. OUR ONLY LIABILITY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, WHETHER IN TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, WILL BE, AT OUR OPTION, TO REPAIR OR REPLACE THE PRODUCTS OR REFUND THE AMOUNT PAID FOR PRODUCTS RETURNED TO US, LESS A PRORATED AMOUNT FOR ANY PERIOD OF SUBSTANTIALLY PROBLEM-FREE USE. THE PRORATED AMOUNT WILL BE BASED ON THE EXPECTED LIFE OF THE PRODUCT. Replacement products may include refurbished Revols products that have been certified to conform to the original product descriptions. If we elect to repair any defective product and are unable to do so after a reasonable number of attempts, we will provide you a replacement product or will refund your purchase price, less a prorated amount for any period of substantially problem-free use. IN NO EVENT WILL REVOLS’ LIABILITY EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE PRODUCT, LESS A PRORATED AMOUNT FOR ANY PERIOD OF SUBSTANTIALLY PROBLEM-FREE USE, REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF CLAIMS, THE FORM OF ACTION, OR THE THEORY OF LIABILITY. We have no liability to pay for any repairs performed by anyone other than us, unless in each instance we have given express written approval for such repairs. Any unauthorized attempt to repair any product will void the Limited Warranty on the product. For any product you purchase from us that is covered by another manufacturer's warranty, your warranty is limited to that warranty. In such event, we will reasonably assist you, upon written request, to place a warranty claim with the manufacturer.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY, AND REVOLS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THE USE OF ANY PRODUCTS THAT YOU PURCHASE FROM US, REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF CLAIMS, THE FORM OF ACTION, OR THE THEORY OF LIABILITY AND EVEN IF WE ARE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE LIMITATIONS CONTAINED IN THIS “LIMITED WARRANTY” SECTION SHALL APPLY EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
To obtain information about or make a claim under this Limited Warranty, you must email us at support @revols.com.
By purchasing and/or using a Revols branded audio product, you agree to defend and indemnify Revols, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, distributors, retailers, content providers, service providers, employees, officers, directors, agents, and contractors (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) against, and hold the Indemnified Parties harmless from, any and all claims, actions, causes of action (regardless of the number of claims, the form of action, or the theories of liability); losses; actual, direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary, incidental, consequential, and other damages, including but not limited to loss of revenue or income, pain and suffering, and/or emotional distress; and awards, judgments, fines, costs, expenses, and attorney's' fees, including but not limited to those of the Indemnified Parties (any of the foregoing, a “Claim”), arising from or otherwise relating to any hearing loss or damage and/or any of the other medical conditions referenced in the preceding paragraphs and/or arising from or otherwise relating to the use of earphones or headphones or other Revols products purchased by you. You agree that the Indemnified Parties will have no liability in connection with any such damage, injury, conditions, or Claims, and you agree not to bring any legal or other actions or proceedings against or otherwise hold any Indemnified Party liable or responsible for any such damage, injury, conditions, or Claims.
We will accept return of products if we determine that the products qualify for a warranty return under our Limited Warranty above and you comply with the following warranty return procedures:
- Obtain an RMA# from Revols customer support. Every warranty return must have an RMA#. Write the RMA# on the outside of the shipping box or container (not the product package).
- Submit your proof of purchase of the product direct from the Revols online store or crowdfunding campaign (an itemized, dated receipt) or from a retailer of Revols branded products and include a completed RMA form.
- Use the original Revols shipping box or container, and return all items and materials originally included with the Revols product, including the original product packaging. Remove or cover all previous shipping labels on the outside of the shipping box or container.
- Return only the Revols products under warranty. We are not responsible for any other products, accessories, or items that you return with the Revols products under warranty.
- Arrange shipment pickup, prepay shipping (and any duty) charges, and insure the shipment or accept the risk if the product is lost or further damaged in transit. We advise that you ship the product back to us via UPS or FedEx to ensure proper delivery. It is your responsibility to retain a sender's copy of the shipment invoice and the shipment tracking number in the event of a lost shipment, until Revols has expressly acknowledged to you in writing that it has received the returned product.
- Acknowledge and accept that in the event that a product needs to be replaced, Revols will attempt to replace that product with another of the same color combination. If however, that color combination is no longer available due to limited edition quantities and/or being discontinued, refunds will not be granted. Instead, you will be notified via email and will be given the opportunity to choose from a color combination(s) that is/are available.
- To confirm the shipping location for Revols Warranty Returns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The prevailing party in any action or other proceeding brought with respect to this Limited Warranty and related terms and conditions shall be entitled to recover, in addition to any and all other available relief, its costs, reasonable attorneys' fees, and other collection expenses. YOU AND REVOLS IRREVOCABLY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY AND ALL ACTIONS OR PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT UNDER OR WITH RESPECT TO THE LIMITED WARRANT AND RELATED TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
This Limited Warranty and related terms and conditions shall be governed, construed, interpreted and enforced in all respects according to the laws of the Province of Quebec, without regard to any conflict of laws principles. The U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this Limited Warranty. You irrevocably consent to personal jurisdiction in Quebec in connection with any dispute between you and Revols arising out of or relating to this Limited Warranty and related terms and conditions. The exclusive venue for any dispute between the parties arising out of or relating to these this Limited Warranty and related terms and condi ons will be the state and federal courts in Montreal, Quebec. If a court of competent jurisdic on finds any provision of this Limited Warranty or related terms and conditions to be void, invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the provision will be limited, modified, or if necessary severed, to the extent required to eliminate such problem, and all other provisions shall continue in full force and effect.